Wednesday 27 March 2013

Website progress

Today I made much more progress to my website. 

(Original Website Design)
(Current Website Design)
The first photo is my original design plan for my artists website, and I tried to stick to this as much as possible as I believed it was a good and sophisticated layout and design. So far, I have largely stuck to my design and have created a good looking website so far. I have however had to change some aspect due mainly to the fact I was not able to do them using the programme 'Iweb'. Such changes I have made include the use of a photo slideshow to the right of the webpage. Unfortunately I found I was unable to do this successfully on Iweb, so I decided to abandon that idea and instead borrow an idea that I saw on Modesteps (the band who wrote the song I'm doing) website. I added a list of tour dates instead as I felt this will allow my artist to seem more closer to his fans by keeping them up to date with tours so they're able to travel and see him perform live.
I have also decided to remove the twitter feed that I originally had plan and instead just placed a Twitter icon (along with YouTube and Facebook) there instead. This would still allow for the fans to follow my artist and what he does via Twitter, with the added bonus of also being able to follow him via Facebook, therefore I'm reaching out to a wider audience. And the Youtube Icon will allow for easy access to my artists videos.
I have also added an icon below the album cover to ITunes where fans will be able to buy and download the album. Easy accessibility will mean that more people will be inclined to buy it.








No comments:

Post a Comment